Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tiffani Turner

It is with a very sad heart that I write today.  My friend, Tiffani, passed away peacefully this morning from a very hard 2 year battle against cancer.  While my heart breaks, I do take comfort that she is with the Lord now, free from her pain.  Her beautiful red hair is back, she can walk now. 
At a company party

In her short 31 years, she has touched so many people.  She hasn't had the easiest life, but never pulled the "why me" card.  She was very fiery and determined, full of life.  She was very close with her family and fiercely loyal to her friends--loved by all who knew her. 
Halloween 2004

I met Tiffani in 2003 when I came to work at Finn and Porter.  She was the manager.  It didn't take us long to become friends.  She always came up to the hostess stand and hung out with me in the early morning hours until the next hostess came on.  We would stand there, our eyes barely open.  Every day we tried tackling the crossword puzzle.  We shared so many laughs.  On sundays was brunch day.  We would have to haul all the tables in from back in the banquet area.  They were huge 8 foot tables, heavier than heck.  Tiffani and I would always haul the tables together.  Just her and I.  We deemed it our "work out" for that day.  We would go back there, stare up at the huge tables leaning against the wall and take a huge breath to prepare ourselves.  It was 6:00 in the morning mind you.  Too early being doing such strenous work!  But we always managed.  That was the neat thing about having Tiffani as a manager.  She was one of us.  She never sat in the office and turned her back on us.  She was out there with us, seating people, bussing tables, running food out, taking reservations, setting up brunch.  She even sat back in the breakroom and had lunch with us.  A true team player.  She took care of us, and we all respected the heck out of her.

Our Sunday tradition after brunch- have a drink at Al's and do the Sunday crossword.

It is very sad to lose such an amazing person.  And we all ask why.  It's not something that we can understand.  And maybe we aren't supposed to.  We just must trust in the Lord.  And we must also know that this is not good-bye.  We will meet again.  I know you are smiling down on us.  You truly are an angel.  I will miss you greatly, but I will see you again Miss Tiff.  May you finally rest in peace.  May God bless you and your family who is grieving.  May He bring you comfort and peace.  Please lean on Him during these difficult days.  Time and memories will help to ease the pain.

I plead with all of you to please take care of yourselves.  It feels like very week I am hearing of someone else who has cancer.  I'm tired of hearing it.  I hate it.  We need to stop this cancer and find a cure.  I have been supporting the American Cancer Society for a number of years now.  I have also been participating in the Women's Run and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  I know that everyone knows of at least 1 person who has cancer.  I just read in the paper today of another person I know that has passed from this horrible disease.  Please support these causes, for it affects us all.  And take care of yourselves.  Thank you and God Bless you all.
My birthday 2004
St. Patrick's Day 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment