Thursday, April 8, 2010

One-Eyed Schnauzer

Our poor litte guy had to have his blind eye removed last week.  :(  His little eye just wasn't doing too well.  It was just getting really goopy all the time and sort of retreating back into his head.  He was born blind in his left eye due to an infection, so he really doesn't know any different.  But it was difficult for us.  I think I cried all the way from Horizon Vet to the Town Pump.  Poor little guy.  He looked like such a wreck when I picked him up 8 hours later.  He was soo loopy yet from the anesthesia.  He was pretty sad for a couple of days.  I think he was a little embarassed too, because when you talked to him or he looked at you, he would try to hide that side of his face.  But it's been over a week, and he's just about back to normal.  He has to go back next week and get his stitches out.  I'm sure that will be a fun visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment